Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before hitting the roads today for the first time (for those who don't know -- I'm a total newbie rider), I was practicing in the local school parking lot. As I'm riding around, practicing my turning, stopping and starting, this van pulls into the lot. "Oh great," I think, "there's a school event and I'm going to have to leave." So, I pull over to a stop and the van pulls in the lot next to me and the man rolls down the window and compliments me on my "beautiful bike." "Is that a '73 CB350," he asks. "No," I say, "it's a '71 CL350." He goes on to tell me he had a '73 CB back in the day and just loves these old bikes. And then he asks, "do you want to sell it?" HA! "No," I laugh, "I just bought it." I go on to tell him that it had belonged to a friend who had bought it and fixed it up for his wife. "Well, it sure is in great shape," he says. "Let me know if you ever want to sell it."

Wow! That was pretty cool. And that's not the first time my beautiful little CL has attracted attention. My husband rode it to the first lot I practiced in a few weeks ago and 3 people stopped him and asked him about it. When he told one guy that it was his wife's bike the guy said, "well tell her to be careful with it."

I actually felt sorry for "El Tostador" today. Usually his bike gets all the attention. And, it truly is a beautiful Bonneville. But today -- it was all about the CL! :D

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Better get used to it Scuba. These old bikes create a lot of attention, especially when they are fine examples like yours. I couldn't go anywhere on my KZ without someone striking up a conversation about it. You wouldn't believe how many times I parked it to run into a store or something, only to come out and someone is there waiting for me to have a chat about it.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I don't think I have evr gone out on one of mine that someone hasn't made some posistive comment or asked about the bike I was riding. And mine are just daily rider bikes not restored. The comment I like are when a big guy comes up and says "I had one of those but mine was bigger" I tell tehm that the bike is the same size but maybe he was a bit smaller back then. Just like most of us.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Oh yes!

I used to take my CL350 to a couple of local shows, and my buddy has a 71 Bonnie, everyone would talk about mine and reminisces about how they had one has their first bike etc, and not even notice his bonnie. I felt bad for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts