Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for new fork gaiters for a CM400 I found very good ones that fit & look perfect on Ebay. The seller is 'Horsepower-House', 'bikebrokeratl' in Marietta GA. , and the item number is 201962841657. "33mm Rubber Fork Boots Gators @ 34mm Forks - 70's 80's HONDA CB400 CM400 CX500 +" is the title. These are the exact correct length for my 1981 CM400, and the small end and large end fit perfectly on my upper and lower fork sections. Soft, pliable stretchy real rubber, not hard cheap plastic like some. $35, kinda expensive, but still way less than from the stealership. They went on easy and look great! And provide that great classic & retro look w/protection for the fork seals. Check out the pix:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Those look great, I wound up using the gaiters from my CB750K3 project (they'd be hard as rocks by the time that bike is done...) 35mm gaiters and I turned some stepped bushings to keep them from sagging, made them from a hockey puck for about a dollar and a half hour on the mini-lathe, four years later the bushings are doing great while the old gaiters are beginning to crack.

IMG2527.jpg IMG2526.jpg IMG2525.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to see a good review, I sent a message to the seller to see when they would be back in stock. If he beats me reinstalling my forks these will be purchased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts