Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am going to looks at a '64 Dream (305cc) tomorrow that came up locally. Any pitfalls in particular I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks,

Gersh

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Follow Bills' (tbpmusic) and/or my "Evaluating old Hondas" suggestions, and get any "extra" parts he has lying about for that bike... (Bill440cars) is the 305 guy here...
GET PAPERWORK!....There is a Yahoo 305 group you might check out as well....... Steve

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve,

I had already read that great article. Fortunately, the Seller was very cool, I ran the bike and gave her a close inspection. Aside from some minor cosmetic issues, the bike runs perfectly!

Pics soon.

Gersh

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Can't wait for the pics....Did you get the title?....

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics:

BTW - Its a '66

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
nice... a new front fender, minor restore on the rear fender flair, and some small bits and it would be very very nice.....

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sprint -

The fenders are cut, aren't they? I guess at some point they were rotted out. Strange....

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nice find! :D

Dreams in that condition are pretty rare. I think the fender tended ot get cracked or just busted up leading to trimming. Of course some folks just thought cutting them off looked cool.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
The front fender on those had a pretty significant lip on the bottom. They used to get crushed and bent out of shape when people rode the bikes over the curbs not realizing how low they were.

Nice looking bike. What was on the lift in the garage/shop?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great info guys. The fenders actually look really good, but I will keep my eye out for possible replacements. The bike runs really great, starts with botht he kick and electric starters with ease, and pulls almost as good as my Superhawk. I am looking ofrward to better riding conditions - too much salt and sand on the roads here.

The lifts are storage lifts, and the car in the background is a '68 Buik GS400.

Gersh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts