Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
God Jam (my kickstarter is jammed)

Howdy.
So when I bought my '72 CL350, the PO said it was seized cos the kickstart wouldn't move. It wasn't seized, but something is going on with the kickstart. I've taken the entire thing apart, replaced what needed to be, put it back together, split the cases again (cos the inner circlip for the kickstart came off cos I was being a dumbass and didn't check it for wear), and resealed it lastnight.
I just put the clutch assembly on to test the kickstarter (without mounting the engine on the frame cos I did that lasttime and had to pull it immediately), got a few kicks out of it and then it jammed just like before. When the clutch plate is on, I can't move the kickstart. When I remove it, I get full motion but obviously it's not moving the outer clutch. Anyone know what's up? Could the transmission have shifted from neutral to a higher gear? I've also read that the friction plates could gum up and screw this up, but they look fine and the PO said they were replaced within the last year- I'll text him to make sure.
If I don't have to split the cases for the second time this week, that'd be great. But if it's the only way, it's the only way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update: realized it wasn't in neutral. Shifted to neutral, now I'm able to get a single kick out of it, then I have to advance the motor by the bolt on the rotor. Still not sure whats going on with it- shouldn't I be able to kick it multiple times?

Edit I don't think I was kicking hard enough whoops. problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts