Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new project. It runs good, I think. I've rebuild the carbs, new battery, new used cleaned out tank, adjusted values, new plugs, points. Starts first or second kick. Exhaust out right side much stronger than left at idle. Makes clicky sound at idle. Compression test is next. This is one of my favorite sites, lots of info, thanks :D to all that have posted much valuable info. here. This 1970 is the bike I wanted the year I graduated from HS. 40 years later it's mine.
Regards
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
nice project, doesnt look like you have too much rust to battle with on the chrome stuff. thats the biggest headache for me its EVERYwhere. but have fun and welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good eye Chubbs. I even have a straight chrome chain guard. Paint is faded. Idles smooth, revs up without missing, if compression is good, new cables, tires, fix oil leak, are in order. I just don't have the experience with motor repairs if needed. Anyone rebuilding these motors in Northern Cal?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats on finally getting that bike, and welcome to the site. Looks like a good starting point.

There are a lot of us here who are relatively inexperienced at the engine stuff, but there is a lot of information to be had. I don't have the time to search around for it right now, but I'm sure if you look around the site you can find a copy of the shop manual to download. It will be very helpful.

Take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts