Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this amazing new GF for over a month that also looks like Marilyn Monroe. Although older, she looks better than almost any woman of any age when we go out. Hard to give that up.

Anyways, she is liberal enough but does not want me riding my motorcycle due to possible injury. I only ridden 50 miles this summer, but I like owning the bike (toys, right?). Own MG car, etc. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Seriously OG - does she already have your &@^^$ in her purse? How long have you been riding bikes?? More than a month I hope? That would be a deal breaker.

If she doesn't want you riding motorcycles then she had better give you a MUCH better alternative...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Get her involved in your riding. My wife used to be like that until I took her on some fun rides
DGR (Distinguished Gentleman's Ride) is a great opportunity for that since it allows the women to dress up :p

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I will need pics of both the GF and bike before I can chose!
Just kidding of course.
Tough call

·
Registered
581 Posts
At least you found this out before marriage. My brother dated his current wife for three years, and she said nothing. One week after the wedding she told him in no uncertain terms that she did not want him to ride any more. He parked his bike in my garage until he could change her mind. It has been there for 10 years.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Its a test don't fall for it, first its the bike then your guns,whisky,beacon,smokes,donuts. Next thing you know your wearing pink shirts with an alligator on it.Run save yourself!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
At least you found this out before marriage. My brother dated his current wife for three years, and she said nothing. One week after the wedding she told him in no uncertain terms that she did not want him to ride any more. He parked his bike in my garage until he could change her mind. It has been there for 10 years.
???? Do I know you? ;-) You literally described my marriage. Not until I got divorced was I able to resume my life and ride again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right now she likes who you are. If you agree she will change you to the point that she does not like who you are anymore. Sorry . Many studies done on it.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Dude, time to man up. According to my calculations, there are about 3.5 billion women out there.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Dude, time to man up. According to my calculations, there are about 3.5 billion women out there.
Gas is cheaper than a GF...

Yes - he's single ladies. VERY single...

Reactions: danno

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like time for a new girlfriend.

Seriously though- yeah, tough call.
I spent 15+ years with bikes and rode whenever feasible. Lotta great miles.
Messed up my wrist and gave it up for about 10 and wasn't sure I'd be able to take the throttle twist any more.
Not giving it up again.
I do 100 miles to work round trip and a bike costs 1/3 of what truck or car cost for commuting.
Plus my peace of mind and contentment get a huge boost.
I'd rather die on a bike than live in a cage.

Of course living on a bike is the preferred option.
Do what works for you, man.

·
Registered
169 Posts
A month is too soon for her to be Making those types of demands, in my opinion. Sounds like she wants to lead you around by your d--k.

What model MG car do you have?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A group of puppies were crossing the rail road tracks, one puppy was pretty slow
and the train came and cut off the tip of his tail, he whirled around to see what had happened.
The train then cut off his head.
The moral of this story, don't lose your head over a little piece of tail.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
76twin..
The DGR last year made my wife see another side to motorcycles.. so much she got her license and is joining the ride this year..

Honestly Dude... 30 days....stand your ground.. if she likes you for who you are, what you do makes up part of you. I totally understand her concern.. but you can't go through life living in a bubble,,,.. who is she .. your mom?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
76twin..
The DGR last year made my wife see another side to motorcycles.. so much she got her license and is joining the ride this year..

Yep... Just because we ride motorcycles it doesn't mean we have to look like the Hell's Angels.
Something about wearing a suit and tie riding a bike that seems to interest the women :p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts