Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can i just bolt the rim to the fork in it1s reg. position and check it and adjust the spoke there ?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just make sure your hub "off set" is correct.. or close

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
When it's centered between the forks the offset is correct.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just make sure that the fork is securely held so there is no motion at the neck. You will likely need to have your brake plate installed if it is a drum brake, as well as any axle spacers. Either remove or completely back off the brake shoes to eliminate drag. If it is a disc brake bike, then make sure the caliper is not engaging the rotor.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have one and have used it to build several wheels. Never had any problems. You just have to make sure that the cones are pushed tight before you lock them down.
TOOLS

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I have one and have used it to build several wheels. Never had any problems. You just have to make sure that the cones are pushed tight before you lock them down.
TOOLS
And the moment you lock them down they're thrown off center? I'll save my $40

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
And the moment you lock them down they're thrown off center? I'll save my $40
Why would it be off center? Are you actually trying to center the hub/wheel in the stand? You just mount the hub/wheel, and clamp a wire pointer on, and that is where you set to center. I will still keep using mine, and enjoy having the extra $30.00 the other one cost in my pocket.
TOOLS

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
How about this.. use the tool.. get it true.... then use the axle and see if ur off..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts