Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I just got my 75 CB360 running a couple weeks ago. Everything has been running fairly well but I noticed when I come to a stop it’s really hard getting into 1st gear and the clutch doesn’t engage until the lever is almost completely released. I’ve adjusted the clutch at all three areas (the leaver, bottom cable adjustment, and adjuster slotted screw) it seems good for maybe a day but then it goes back to the 1st gear and late engaging problem. The clutch isn’t slipping at all. It shift really well up and down through the gears while riding. The problem is only getting into 1st at a stop. I’m guessing I have to get a clutch rebuild kit but I wanted to see if anyone else thinks it may be something else.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is releasing almost too well, there is no residual drag between the plates to turn the shaft to where the first gear dogs line up. Next time it doesn't want go in gear roll the bike backward a few inches, to see what it does. Actually a nice problem to have, no dragging clutch to wear the gears when you shift.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Roll forward a tiny bit from the stopped position and then down shift in to first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts