Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I bought my motor 450 k5 with the gear not working, it got stuck.
I haven taken the engine apart, and saw that the pizzawheel had to much worn. So I fixed it according to one of the posts on the forum. Also the starwheel was gone very bad. I had it welded and grinded it with a Dremeltool. PICT 3 to 1.
After the rebuilding the engine was running ok, but when I took her for a ride she jumped out and in the second and third gear while adding gas or lessing gas.

So I have taken the engine out and splitted the bottem open. I noticed that the left shift fork was difficult to move. I tried to get shiftdrum out but the pin was broken....??? PICT 13. Luckely I could get the downpart out with aid of the vacuumcleaner...
It appeard that the shiftdrum was a very litttle bit rough So I sanded it and now it goes smooth again...
But before putting things together I like your opinion aboud the shiftforks and gears. Are they worn too mutch??? PICT 4 to 9
And the other question is about the gearwheel on the right side. Is this way it is mounted ok or is it inside out....pict 10, 11 and 12. All the pictures are upside down so left is right... I don't know how to correct this.
I will be happy to hear....
Hans

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
From your photo of the 3 shift forks I would say the center fork is worn much more than the others.
Do you have a Factory Service Manual?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Also, photos 187 and 188 show considerable rounding on the facing teeth that engage the gears on the LH end, which will keep them from locking in, sometimes kicking it out of gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allen, I found the manual, great idea!
Rick, I was afraid for it...So I ordered a gearset for take the best of two...
thanks guys.

hans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts