Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres just a few Aussies on here but I thought I'd put this out there. Australias premier motorcycle only swap meet is next weekend 23rd til 24th Oct at the Gatton showgrounds. Camping is permitted and a canteen serving cheap dinners will be in service. I got my CB360 there last year and wished I'd taken a trailer, a mistake I wont make again.

Hopefully gonna pick up a monkey bike and an early model XS650. See ya there Rod ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
:!:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Rod...we never got to share a milkshake....what with my "girlfriend" (NOT GF :roll: ) arriving back from a China vacation on the same day DO'H !!!

There wasnt much happening by the time I got there. But a few overpriced Honda projects lingered....but were not negotionable. You yanks are lucky to have cheap "barn finds"...any Australian farmer with a retro bike seems to wanna offset the recession/draught with HIS rolling gold.... :evil: These bikes were priced betwen $1650 and $2500 !!! :evil: :evil:

'Three af these things belong together
Three of these things are kinda the same
But one of these things does not belong here
Tell me before this song is done...
..and now this song is done..'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing that was obvious to a "Honda-come-lately" like myself is the 450 bomber tank on the Dream....

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Lee...
I assume you are referring to the 450 K1 "look-alike" tank on the 1970 CD175 K3.
I have often thought about installing one of those on a "standard" framed CB 175, and adding some ("look appropriate") CB 160 mufflers to make a "baby sister" for a 450 K1.... (OR, An early CB 350 with that tank and CB77 mufflers might work too...LOL)
:D :lol: :D Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts