Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I just got a full gasket set for a CL350 from Dime City Cycles. I was expecting just the standard sheet gasket set, but it also came with some o-rings, two brass rings, and some plug/cap pieces. I have no idea where these go. Could assume they go somewhere in the upper engine, like maybe the carbs but don't want to assume that and find out it belongs in the cases or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
The brass rings are exhaust gaskets that go between the engine head and the exhaust pipe. The "plug/cap pieces" look like valve stem seals to me. Some of those rubber o-rings may also be for the valve inspection covers, too.

The chart here might help: http://www.common-motor.com/honda-350-gaskets-kit

Scott

·
Registered
891 Posts
Copper rings as noted are for the head to exhaust header.

The 2 large O rings are for the bottom of the cylinder barrels, the 4 smaller O rings are for the tappet covers.

Throw away the 4 small valve stem seals, they aren't used on 350 engines.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
If you havent already removed the cylinders be careful with the original o-rings a lot of the o-rings in these kits are to large in dia to fit your motor.

Just a thought.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
There will be an excess gasket for the Oil Filter Cover that is not used.
The same Oil Filter Cover will need (2) of the Larger O-Rings.
There are other various O-Rings most are self-explanatory as are the gaskets.

Valve Stem Seals are NOT Used on the 350, but most all gaskets kits will have them in there.
The Valve Stems NEED to be lubricated by some splashing of oil in the Top End.

The O-Rings that come in MOST of the kits I have used for the bottom of the Cylinder Jugs to Lower Case joint will be TOO Large in (Cross-Section) Thickness to fit in the groove.
Buy them from Honda or source from a local hardware store.
There is a Sticky (or use to be) on the O-Rings Sizes in the 350 section.
Many can be simply purchased locally.

One Point on Gaskets;
The Cam End Cap Bearing Gaskets "LOOK" Symmetrical but are NOT.
If installed incorrectly they will PINCH the O-Ring on the Valve Adjuster Pin and cause a leak.

Reactions: bilbikek411

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I love buying Vesrah full gasket sets,they include all gaskets and are excellent quality;I get them on Ebay,etc. for a good price which includes shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts