Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my tank to a body shop and had a dent pulled, they pulled the dent and filled it with body filler, I primed the tank and have been waiting for warm weather to paint it, well yesterday I went to take it for a ride and noticed a few bubbles in the primer, they turned out to be full of gasoline, I figure when they pulled the dent and did the repairs they must have made some pin holes in it and now it is leaking.
I will be taking it back to the body shop on Monday to talk to them about it.
Is there any fix that I can do if they just blow me off?
Mike

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
They will most likely blame it on rust and corrosion that was already there. And they probably will sorta be right-
the solution is to line the tank. I've had good luck with por-15 tank liner but it takes hours of time consuming cleaning and drying. But if the tank hasn't been painted yet that makes it easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am happy to say the the Kelly's body shop stepped up to the plate.
They took my tank back, removed the filler and welded the tank up and refilled it and primed it.
Hope it holds this time.
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it held long enough for them to paint the tank, then about two weeks after I had it back it got bubbles under the paint, they told me they would repaint it but I had to seal it first, so I sealed it with Por-15 (man there was a lot of rust in there) they repainted the tank and all seems to be good.
Kelly's body shop has done my work for some time now and I'm very glad to know they will step up and make things right.
Now I just need some warm weather to ride it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts