Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much gas leaking out after the bike is shut off, but just a slight wetness. This is after very carefully setting my float heights. I don't see any other evidence of the floats being set too high.
Also, I have new rubber o-rings installed on the idle mixture screws, but the washers that should be between the o-ring and the spring are long gone.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
You have to have those washers between the two. The spring can't be against the o-ring. The washer helps spread the load on the o-ring, helping it to seal, and preventing damage to the o-ring.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
You have to have those washers between the two. The spring can't be against the o-ring. The washer helps spread the load on the o-ring, helping it to seal, and preventing damage to the o-ring.
right... I guess it's time to find some washers. Anyone have any idea of the size before I start trying to locate substitutes?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, that's silly, I'll just go measure the carbs and the screw.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Once you get your measurements, you might try finding a local hobby/radio control shop. They'll have a large assortment of various sized washers for radio controlled aircraft, nitro buggies, etc...

Or check with a Honda dealer..

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Once you get your measurements, you might try finding a local hobby/radio control shop. They'll have a large assortment of various sized washers for radio controlled aircraft, nitro buggies, etc...

Or check with a Honda dealer..

That's a good call, look at a hobby shop. I was under the impression that a Honda dealer wouldn't be able to help me. I know that those washers aren't listed separately in the parts fiche, but maybe they'd have something similar or have another way of getting it...
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Although they may not be listed on any fiche, some dealers have spare parts bins full of "universal" type of carb parts.. Or the hobby shop route..

No problem. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts