Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks-
I wanted to share my bike since I just found this site. It's a 1974 Honda CB 360 bobber that was built by the guys over at Garage Company Customs in Alabama. I've thoroughly enjoyed the bike since I bought it a few years ago from the guy who had it built by them. I'm currently working on some timing/carb issues it's got, and that's how I found the site. Take a look though, it's a nice ride.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Welcome!..... Enjoy your times here.....Love the bobber!.... Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen this one up for sale on the atlanta area craigslist a few times recently, you decide to keep it?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in your signature its for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm keeping it for the time being until someone decides to pay me what I want for it. I'm not going to give it away, I like it too much.

So a few months ago I cranked it up to go for a ride and it was running terrible. I've just now taken the time to tear into it and figure out whats going on. My original thought was a carb issue, but my Dad advised me to check the timing first then work my way back to the carbs. I verified the timing was on and then started with the fuel delivery and fuel handling parts. I drained the tank and removed the petcock and screen to find that the screen was completely covered in rusty flakes. I didn't get a picture of this but it was nasty. This is what I found in the carbs:[attachment=3:14gxzw7w]P3300004.JPG[/attachment:14gxzw7w][attachment=2:14gxzw7w]P3300006.JPG[/attachment:14gxzw7w][attachment=1:14gxzw7w]P3300011.JPG[/attachment:14gxzw7w][attachment=0:14gxzw7w]P3300014.JPG[/attachment:14gxzw7w]

I decided to go ahead and treat the tank with this: http://www.por15.com/CYCLE-TANK-REPAIR- ... info/CTRK/ so that hopefully I won't have to deal with this again. I will get a new fuel filter today and some more carb cleaner to aid in the cleaning process tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
lassy said:
Yeah, I'm keeping it for the time being until someone decides to pay me what I want for it. I'm not going to give it away, I like it too much.

So a few months ago I cranked it up to go for a ride and it was running terrible. I've just now taken the time to tear into it and figure out whats going on. My original thought was a carb issue, but my Dad advised me to check the timing first then work my way back to the carbs. I verified the timing was on and then started with the fuel delivery and fuel handling parts. I drained the tank and removed the petcock and screen to find that the screen was completely covered in rusty flakes. I didn't get a picture of this but it was nasty. This is what I found in the carbs:

I decided to go ahead and treat the tank with this: http://www.por15.com/CYCLE-TANK-REPAIR- ... info/CTRK/ so that hopefully I won't have to deal with this again. I will get a new fuel filter today and some more carb cleaner to aid in the cleaning process tonight.

Bummer. You'd think that the tank would have been coated during original build.

Looks nice. I am normally not a huge fan of Honda 360's as bobbers, but this one came together very well.

I'm also interested in seeing some pix of that XL 600 motard?
Welcome to the site.

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JeyLux said:
lassy said:
I'm also interested in seeing some pix of that XL 600 motard?
Welcome to the site.

Jason
as requested
[attachment=0:8x6hvd4d]IMG_4651.JPG[/attachment:8x6hvd4d]

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts