Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding behind my CB450 (brother was on it), I realized just how loud the cheap shorty 'mufflers' I had put on it were, even with the lollipop plugs closing off most of the exits. After looking around, I decided on the 26" reverse cone megaphone mufflers from Dime City Cycles. Fit is good; I had to add a short bit of 5/8" automotive water hose to the center stand arm, as it was resting on the side of the muffler, and would have scarred it, and glued a bit of rubber where the side stand stop should be on the stock muffler. Sound is great! They have a nice, deep tone, with all the high-pitched rasp gone, even above 7000 rpm. They are audible at all speeds from the riding position, but won't blow anyone's ears out; only a bit louder than the stock mufflers (in good condition).

Look pretty good, too:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You should make a vid of how it sounds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ha!

good timing on this post... i was just shopping for cheap shorty mufflers over at DCC and 4into1....

want to sell the old ones cheap?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha!

good timing on this post... i was just shopping for cheap shorty mufflers over at DCC and 4into1....

want to sell the old ones cheap?
I can send them for the cost of shipping - I was going to just put them in the recycle bin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts