Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently bought a Honda TwinStar. Seems to be in relatively good condition. The previous owner put a larger carb on (I have since put the original back on) and put on cafe style bars. Due to the bars, the cables are in some serious need of adjusting. Either way, that is not my issue. When I purchased the bike, I noticed that although the bike was in neutral the light would not turn on and the engine would not try to turn over when I hit ignition, nor did it make sounds of the battery being dead. It seemed giving the bike a quick wiggle or jolt forward allowed the light to come and I was able to start the bike.

This worked for the first couple of rides, but now I cannot get it to happen. I know the battery is fulling charged but the neutral light is not turning on. I know it is in neutral though as i can move the bike freely with the clutch released. I have also had no success being able to kickstart the bike while in neutral.

My first assumption is short somewhere in regards to the killswitch. However, I don't believe this would cause the neutral light to not turn on . . little stumped.

Any advice, suggested tests?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Knowing the year and model would help. In most Honda twins the neutral switch just grounds the circuit to illuminate the indicator. You either have an open circuit or a bad switch. Google for a wiring diagram, find the color and routing of the wire and start tracing it. You can jump it by grounding the wire from the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts