Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CB I just bought came with this monstrous fugly fairing that I definitely plan on removing as soon as possible. I posted something to that effect over on another motorcycle board, and have a guy interested in buying it.

My question is this. How much are these things worth?

·
Registered
608 Posts
looks to be in good shape around 50 with mounts and the windscreen

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Angus McGee said:
The CB I just bought came with this monstrous fugly fairing that I definitely plan on removing as soon as possible. I posted something to that effect over on another motorcycle board, and have a guy interested in buying it.

My question is this. How much are these things worth?
Whatever that guy is willing to pay, basically. There may not be big demand for it, despite it's (ahem) coolness.
You may not get any bids at all on EBay - that's usually what happens when I try to sell something on EBay.
It will be a PIB and cost a lot to ship........

·
Registered
703 Posts
Get it really cold and then smash it into fugly lil bits.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my brother in law just bought one in that shape for his 350-4 and payed $100.00 for it in about that shape with mounts.his had new plexi wind screen with it.i would say if guy will give $50-75 i would sell it.just my opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, guys.. I think I'll ask $75 and see what he says. It'll give me some money to put towards tires.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dirtbag said:
Get it really cold and then smash it into fugly lil bits.
it's obvious someone that would have a old oil leaking bone shaker of a BSA (Bright Shiny and Awful) as a avatar :lol: wouldn't have any apprecaition of the finer things in life

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
After xmas im trading that BSA for a cb750 and an RD250.

·
Registered
210 Posts
jayel said:
looks to be in good shape around 50 with mounts and the windscreen
OH! :eek: thought you meant 50 cents :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
That fugly Fairing is a Wixom brothers fairing. They normally go for $75 to $100 in the condition shown in the pics. If you find a NOS one, worth twice that. The Wixom Brothers fairing is the basis for the Harley-Davison faring. HD just copied the design. It is actually a lot rarer then the Vetter fairings. If I didn't already have one I would have bought it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
spotty45 said:
That fugly Fairing is a Wixom brothers fairing. They normally go for $75 to $100 in the condition shown in the pics. If you find a NOS one, worth twice that. The Wixom Brothers fairing is the basis for the Harley-Davison faring. HD just copied the design. It is actually a lot rarer then the Vetter fairings. If I didn't already have one I would have bought it.

Might be a PIB to list it anywhere, but there are SOME folks out there who would buy it. BUT finding them could be a job not worth doing. Never know for sure, unless you try it. :) Good luck on what ever you decide to do with it. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts