Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has reached 4k miles, so I'm about to do the maintenance... one item says to 'clean the fuel strainer screen'. Problem is - I must be missing where the info is given somehow - neither the owner's manual nor the service manual explains where it is or how to do it... I think I've found it here (item 3?), so it's the component that connects the petcock to the tank? Above the petcock? Right?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
There should be a fine mesh nylon strainer on the fuel tap standpipoes. Not sure if youll have a second one actually inside fuel tap (I would have to dig out a 250~400 tap to look at) If you have a sediment bowl on tap, remove it and clean out. The secondary filter will usually 'stick' inside tap as it's held in with the sealing O-ring. I've never been able to get the tank filter out without damage so just leave it unless you have a new one

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It probably is, the bike isn't that old. On the other hand it used to be a safety class bike, so it didn't run a whole lot for extended periods (I think, I don't think they run classes here in MD during the cold months) and I don't know exactly how much maintenance it got...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts