Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing kits in my 26's on a 1967 CL77. Upon pulling the fuel mixture screws on both carbs I find no o-rings present, just the spring and the screw itself. The kits I purchased have o-rings for these included and upon checking two different diagrams I find they indicate the order of assembly should be spring/o-ring/screw. Looking at what I have, I don't see how o-rings can be present, they hinder the screw from seating into the threads of the screw opening. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here.....

A search did not produced any results....

I should also add if the o-ring is supposed to at the top of the screw as a seal, the ones in the kit I have are entirely too large to insert the screw--possible wrong size in the kit???????

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm no 305 knowledge source by any means, but both Western Honda and cmsnl.com show #13 as what seems to be the o-ring on the mixture screw

CL77 mixture screw.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy is my face red, they are there on the old mixture screws, just turned completely solid and was hidden under the crud. I finally broke down and put on the BIG glasses. The ones in the kit are definitely the wrong size to fit in the well, so I will do some research in the am on the correct size and go from there. They do go at the top of the screw as a seal in case anyone else has a senior moment as I just experienced......

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have to use the big glasses all the time now.

Reactions: crazypj

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked high and low to find the correct size o-ring, but to no avail. I finally gradually cut a couple of oversize ones down using my grinding wheel with the rings attached to a punch end turing them slowly. They are not perfect but seem to seal up quite well. I am waiting on mail jets from JetsRus, anyway. The ones in the kit had a different thread pitch and the old ones were miss-matched by several sizes. This old 305 is really putting up a pretty good fight......

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I dont know if all the kits they sell have the idle screw washers but the few kits I have bought from Sirius Consolidated Inc had all the o-rings and the little washer in the kit.

Bill

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
The ones in the kit had a different thread pitch ........ This old 305 is really putting up a pretty good fight......
Note that The fasteners and bits on the 305 are JIS threading, Not ISO threads (except where the original became the ISO spec).....

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I've been using an x10 loupe for several years when working on carbs (or any other small stuff) kinda sucks not seeing like I could at 20 (or 30, 40, 50 :D )
What size o-ring are you looking for? (diameter and section)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ordered kits from Classic Honda Restoration, hopefully they will be the correct pitch and have the right size o-rings. The initial kits I ordered were dirt cheap, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts