Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the tank back on and open up the fuel lines, should the lines fill right up with fuel? I have a huge air bubble in the closest line. If they should be full of fuel what do I need to do?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Dirtbag said:
When I put the tank back on and open up the fuel lines, should the lines fill right up with fuel? I have a huge air bubble in the closest line. If they should be full of fuel what do I need to do?
If the float bowls are full then the bubble is probably not a big deal. If the bowls were empty, they should fill up and you shouldn't see a bubble in the fuel line. If the bowls were empty and you're seeing the bubble then the float needle might be stuck not allowing fuel to flow.

You can always open the float bowl drain screw and see if there is fuel in the bowl or turn the fuel off and pull the bowl off to see if it's filled with fuel.

If you can see the fuel line, I'm guessing you might be using vinyl hose which I try to discourage. It will harden quickly (within a year) and it can become unreliable.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbs are working fine then.

I'm having an intermittent firing problem. Cylinder on the right was firing. Then I retimed. Then cylinder on left was only firing. Sheesh. So i messed with wiring and boom, both cylinders fired intermittently. So I got pissed off and ordered new coils, wires, points and condensor.

I just wanted to rule out fuel starvation.

·
Registered
608 Posts
air bubbles in the line or fuel filters if you run them are pretty common the gas actually flows around the bubble and it will come and go over time, if you want clear fuel line go to a lawn mower shop and buy 1/4" Tygon fuel line it won't get hard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts