Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for the OEM style spring clips? They look like this:

s-l640.jpg

There are a couple of suppliers in the US, but they're charging about $2.00 each. I need about 10-12, and it's really not the money. But it's the money, you know.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Check with you local honda dealer, mine gave me several for free that were used.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a great site, but they don't have a match for the OEM style. It's close, but not quite.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I threw some in the trash today still on the hardened original fuel lines if you want some with real patina

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the right style. But $1.50 each?! That's just nuts.

I wasn't going to call them out, but David Silver Spares has them for the same price (after shipping). I just can't believe that they are so difficult to find that I'm considering spending $20 on 10 tiny little clips. I mean, it's just $20, but...

This bike is nickel and diming me to death.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
A lot of people don't even use them but I won't take the chance.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
...This bike is nickel and diming me to death.
Welcome to the club. I've spent quit a bit of small change (which eventually adds up) on small, correct parts. My bike will never be 100% correct, though, so I cheaped out on fuel lines - I used 3/16" gas line that's such a tight fit on the brass bungs that clamps aren't needed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it's not even close to concours. And I appreciate that it's a bit neurotic that I care this much about a fuel clip when many, many other things on this build will not be anywhere near original. I can't explain it. :shrug:

I gave up and decided to go with the moose racing wire because 4into1 says it'll fit.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I had the conundrum of 5.5mm line from the Ape 100 tank petcock going to the 5/16" lines going to the Mikunis, and it took me a lot of research and driving to find a hydraulic hose repair facility that could match up brass fittings to step up from the smaller line to the larger. I only have the OEM wire clamps on the 5.5mm line for a factory Honda look... but honestly, no one even notices :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts