Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEW! I think I finally got this on the right board.

We just noticed tonight that my fuel hoses are pretty badly cracked. In fact, tonight when I turned the fuel supply on, gasoline came shooting out one of the lines. Could someone tell me what size fuel lines I need for my 1971 CL350? BikeBandit shows 5.5 x 8000 (assume that's millimeters and diameter by length?)

Thanks a bunch!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Yes, 5.5 mm is the bore diameter (inner)... :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just joined and bought my first project. Great info on here! Is 1/4 inch comparable then? Any reason to go braided/stainless?

·
Registered
363 Posts
motion pro 1/4 inch works, but don't go thinkin you'll get away without using some sort of clamps spring or hose.. 6mm is a little closer to right, but 5.5 is nice

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Jasper said:
Thanks y'all! I'm on the hunt for some 5.5mm in a more reasonable amount than 8000mm...
The dealers here in the Austin area should have it. Try Cowboy Honda down south or Georgetown Honda up north. Be sure you use fuel line and not something else like PVC hose or vacuum hose. That stuff will harden up very quickly. You can also try a lawn mower repair shop. 1/4" might sound close but it will be to large. I think you'll find that even 6mm will be a loose fit but it will work with a good clamp.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Long dead post, but I came on it in searching for some information.

I found that 3/16 inch fuel hose fits very tightly over the fuel nozzles on the petcock and the inputs on the stock Keihin carburetors. So tightly, in fact, that you have to lube the end with a little bit of oil to get it on. No clamps needed!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Oh, and, if you are willing to brave AutoZone, they'll sell you solid American-made rubber fuel line in 3/16 inch size for about $1.39 a foot. Hooray!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts