Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of an odd request. The lines I took off weren't routed very well and I have no idea how they were done from the factory. I'm actually using SL carbs so I don't know if that would change the position of the fuel inlets or anything, but I'd like to see how others have routed their fuel lines if anyone could help me out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I find it best if I route the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies, it's a CL350, SL350 carbs.

Dirtbag, I appreciate the sarcasm but I'm being completely serious. The problem I have is that if I try to run the lines out of the petcock and over the carbs the lines are going to be kinked. If I go under the carbs, then the fuel has to flow upward to get to the inlets. I don't know how well that'd work.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
J. Thompson #5150 said:
Apologies, it's a CL350, SL350 carbs.

Dirtbag, I appreciate the sarcasm but I'm being completely serious. The problem I have is that if I try to run the lines out of the petcock and over the carbs the lines are going to be kinked. If I go under the carbs, then the fuel has to flow upward to get to the inlets. I don't know how well that'd work.
As long as your fuel source is higher than the carb inlet you are fine. The gas will seek its level.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on. This is actually the first engine I've ever worked on that hasn't been fed by some sort of fuel pump. I suppose RC nitro engines don't have a pump per se, but they still rely on exhaust pressure to feed fuel to the carb :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at his pics, I see the CB carbs feed in through the bottom. My life would be so much simpler if that were the case for me, but the SL carbs feed in at an angle from the top, and both inlets are on the inside so I've got the carbs, chain tensioner, frame, and battery box to contend with. It's just a pain in the ass, really. I'll play with it, see what I can come up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts