Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I've searched around a bit and couldn't find any thread that actually answered where everything goes. The service manual doesn't show the routing of fuel lines.

Basically, I got a bike for free but lots of the hoses are broken or missing and the CA Emissions thing is really throwing me off and making everything a lot more confusing.

Additional question.. Does the diameter of the fuel hoses matter too much? If I were to buy just a couple of sizes of hosing and mix and match where they seem to fit on the nipples would it be a big deal if the size was wrong?

Okay cheers,
Gibbs

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Does this thread help?
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/63-fuel-supply-carburation/23526-fuel-line-connections-pet****.html

Oh, for crying out loud! I just chuckled and commented about that particular bit of overzealous website auto-censoring in another thread, then it immediately bit me on the... @55.

I wonder if it manages to puke into a CODE box as well?
Code:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/63-fuel-supply-carburation/23526-fuel-line-connections-pet****.html
Yes. Allrighty, then. Just keep substituting all the four-letter words that you'd have got whipped for spouting at the dinner table when you were six years old until it works, I guess :roll: .

Regards,

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
You can thank all the posters who didn't think that minors also read these threads for the censoring, MDM. It is a pain, and I don't really like it , but it's apparently necessary for the posters that forget this is a family oriented site.

Reactions: jd50i

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yeah, I know. I understand the reasoning in theory. <SCRATCHES HEAD> It does seem, well, stupid (to me) that regular references to drug use here appear to be fine and dandy - yet certain parts that are present on (AfaIK) every single vehicle that this website covers are verbotten. Well... Our children may die earlier than they should, but at least they won't know what to order to fix their leaky fuel petc0cks. <SHRUGS> Which, I guess, means that a few of them might die even earlier.

Oh, I seem to be RANTing. My apologies - and hopes that the OP can, after reading this message, narrow down the particular four-letter word-which-must-never-be-typed to substitute for the four *s in my link to the thread which might(?) provide the diagrams that he needs to solve his issue.

EDIT: Perhaps the website's auto-censor routine can be configured (properly) to allow instances - specifically, the one that is of issue here - of those four letters when they are only part of a longer word? There might be a whitelist that the specific term can be added to, IDK. I DO understand that it's much better for the software to deal with the thing than to have to depend on the site's staff to police each individual post. They are, after all, volunteers. And they probably spend enough time here, already, just dealing with other stuff (and, of course, helping us members with our motorcycles!).

Regards,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good rants. Those censors are silly.

So those diagrams did help me quite a bit but there's still a couple hoses that those diagrams don't cover and maybe the owner had this thing routed just completely wrong.
here' the pics:

JHaxS9l.jpg

that hose hanging off the side of the engine is not mentioned in those diagrams so i'm guessing it's just routed completely wrong?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm actually wondering the same on the hoses in the pic...Appears that one end connects to the CDI unit up front, but not sure where the other end(s) are supposed to connect. If someone could weigh in on this, it would be very appreciated. That hose is joined by a "T" on mine with the long part of the T connected to nothing.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
There are a couple of hoses that are open to air, I don't know which ones. The 1986 only manual seems to cover those better than the 82-85 manual.
PM sent

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ended up taking the emissions canister off and things got a lot less convoluted that way. Also my friend has the exact same model so I was able to use his bike for reference

·
Registered
48 Posts
So where did the end of those hoses go in the last picture you posted? One to petcock the other to the carb?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts