Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Fuel inlet pipe, originally press fit into the body by Keihin. Put a rubber plug into the float needle bore to seal it and then connect the carb to the tank to test for a leak. If it is leaking then you're looking at making a pipe and hopefully getting it to seal to the carb or finding a barbed screw-in fitting. There's not much material surrounding the pipe so this is an iffy repair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel inlet pipe, originally press fit into the body by Keihin. Put a rubber plug into the float needle bore to seal it and then connect the carb to the tank to test for a leak. If it is leaking then you're looking at making a pipe and hopefully getting it to seal to the carb or finding a barbed screw-in fitting. There's not much material surrounding the pipe so this is an iffy repair.
Thank you for the info and tip. I connected the tube from the tank without the bowl and I was able to push up the float to stop the gas from going through so then the gas leaked through the inlet pipe. At this point I might just get another left carb. instead of trying to fix the inlet pipe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's probably the best way to get things going again. Then if you want to experiment with the leaker to see what can be done you're not bikeless

can i use the third gen carbs for my 69? Or do you have any recommendation on carbs to use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.