Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this sucks, i was changing (trying) the fuel lines on my 450, one side went fine, the other side when i pulled and pulled the tube from the carb, the inlet nipple came with the tube....
:eek:

so i tried sticking it back in as best i could, but now there is a slow leak coming from it at all times.

can i replace this thing? i damaged it slightly with pliars trying to get it from the tube,

is tehre some way to seal this back up?
thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've smeared a thin layer of JB Weld on them in the past. They never came out after that.

I used the fast drying type and kept it away from the end so as to insure none moved down past the end of the tube.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
JB Weld sounds like it's worth a try.

For future reference, if you use one of those long-bladed hobby knives and cut a slit up the side of the fuel line (or vacuum line for that matter) it comes off a lot easier. Of course then you have to replace the line but that's a good idea anyway and it's cheap.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
When I'm removing a stubborn fuel line I use one of these 90 degree micro-picks, and just slip it under/into the line and run it as far around as I can while pulling on the line gently. Harbor Freight tools has them for cheap..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
608 Posts
RicH2 said:
I've smeared a thin layer of JB Weld on them in the past. They never came out after that.

I used the fast drying type and kept it away from the end so as to insure none moved down past the end of the tube.
give it a light tap to seat it after the JB they were just pressed in to start with

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the tube is chewed up, try taking the carb/tube to a hobby shop that specializes in powered models. They may be able to supply you with a replacement for the tube that will fit tightly. I had one come out once, but I was able to just press it back in - I put a piece of soft pine over the tube and tapped it lightly with a hammer - and it fit tightly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts