Honda Twins banner

fuel/air screw

682 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  J-T 
#1 ·
need help with the fuel/air screws on a vb22 carb .the screw were missing when I bought the bike so I ordered new ones .but they don't seem right what I need to know is when I screw the fuel screws in should they stick up inside the carbs with the little point coming up

#3 · (Edited)
Going from memory here and not on that particular model of carb. I do seem to recall that when the mixture screw is lightly seated and if you feel inside the carb throat there was an instance where I seem to recall the very tiny tip was present to the touch. Not something that is normally tested with the mixture screws, so most people would not know the answer. I have rebuilt lots of Honda carbs over the years and do seem to recall feeling the slight tip end of the mixture screw in the venturi when the needle was seated.
Probably best to reconfirm the part with the supplier if you didn't order original Honda OEM parts, or if someone can post some pictures and measurements of a stock mixture screw for that carb you will be able to compare and confirm.

#4 ·
Son't have any carbs laying around right now, can't take a look. I believe they will at least be visible if not protruding, but, I wouldn't worry about it as long as they screw in smoothly and seat with light pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.