Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a project bike! It's beautiful and ready to ride. It's a 1972 Honda CB350 with 14,600 miles. Less than 300 miles ago I paid over $900 and had the engine rebuilt (bored cylinder and seals/gaskets, new valves), had the carbs rebuilt, and got a new ignition coil. Now it purrs like the kitten newly born! I've also gone over all the chrome to remove any rust, so it's beautiful. The seat has been restored as well. Asking $2400 as my bottom dollar price. I am in Memphis at 901-483-7103. Jay

Pics can be seen here on Craigslist:

Price slash: 1972 Honda CB350 motorcycle - a beauty!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
"Great as is or turn it into a Cafe Racer"????
[h=2]"Price slash"??????[/h]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Don't be a hater! :D On the global scale of disasters, having someone join a forum to sell one of their bikes is probably ranked pretty low.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
But what's the engine's current displacement? IOW, you stated that the cylinders were bored, what were they bored to?

BtW: So you wouldn't take $2,300 for it, then?

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Don't be a hater! :D
Hate is such a strong word, chopping up good original bikes for a cafe depresses me, there are plenty of salvage ones to cut up especially for the price.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
No HATE involved..... I have nothing against your offering a bike for sale that a member might like to have.....That's good for the group.....
it's just good business sense to offer it to as many as possible to increase your chances of a sale.......That's good for you....
ALL Pluses....

Had you already been a member here long enough, you would likely understand that this forum depends on the trust and respect between the members....
After only two posts, you have done nothing to increase this, and instead you have deliberately chosen to go in the opposite direction by "name calling"...

Reactions: jd50i

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
...chopping up good original bikes for a cafe depresses me, there are plenty of salvage ones to cut up...
Yes, especially when someone cuts up a nice survivor to create a piece of junk that they soon lose interest in (or burn the motor up) and then either sell it for a couple hundred bucks or leave it out behind the house to finish the transformation into scrap metal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never gone for the cafe racer look... don't really understand the attraction. that's why i left the bike as is and enjoyed it thoroughly. but to each his own.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Looks like a nice bike. I hope whoever buys it leaves it stock and just enjoys it as the classic it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The gas tank does appear to be the 1970 version. The VIN is CB3504081799, which signifies 1972. Does the engine have the same VIN on these bikes? It also indicates 1972 (CB350E4....) but the number is not identical to the number on the frame. The headlight shell is black, which is also indicative of 1972. A 1970 headlight shell for the red and white gas tank would have been red, not black.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts