Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so,

Regarding the 2 brackets that hold the front wheel axle onto the bottom of the forks.

i stumbled across something yesterday on the web advising that the brackets on the bottom of the forks have a front and a back and are marked with an "F" and an arrow. I can see now that they definately do have a front and back, one side is shorter so it will leave a gap once assembled. I also thought that it stated that the front should be tightened down, and that the gap should all be at the back. It had a diagram and it looked to be from a manual or Honda or something. Of course I cannot find it again....darn internet.

So, my brackets have an "F" on them, and if i put that in front, then the gap ends up in the front, not the back as I thought I remembered this mysterious document stating. It said that the correct orientation is VERY important, thus this post....

Anybody know which way they go? gap front or back? and know what document I might have seen this in? i cant believe I cant find it again....

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Be sure to measure or "eye" the thickness of the front and back of the bracket, so that you can be sure which side is which..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i wonder why my brackets have the F on the narrower ear of the bracket, which wants to be in the back...

but i have since found the diagram, it was actually from the later 400/450 dual cylinders, and it shows the gap at the back, as well as some other closeup images of 450's show the gap at the back.

I will make the gap be at the back.

thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts