Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please walk me through taking these front forks off it's irritating my soul.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Bike on center stand, jackstand under the front of the engine to support the bike. Removed the front wheel, brake caliper and fender. Remove the air hose between the fork caps including the fittings. Loosen the pinch bolts on the upper and lower triples. Forks should slide down and out. Re-assembly may require taking the headlight ass'y apart because of the fork ears.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got it, now I'm slipping gears ?
Got into a wreck a few weeks ago about a month ago now honestly they slammed into the front of my front tire bent the forks, and obviously messed the gears up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slipping gears? meaning it pops out of gear, hard to select a gear, clutch slipping?
Meaning, I get to 3rd gear and it just winds up, I guess is How I can explain it.
It doesn't gain momentum, it doesn't gain speed???

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Clutch slipping. That's either in a clutch adjustment or clutch failing to engage. Failure could be as simple as wrong oil, weak springs or worn frictions. You mentioned this one had wrecked, was the clutch OK before hand?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the clutch was okay before hand. It's also leaking gas from the carb overflow coming out of the bottom of the bike why would it do that

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Check that oil for fuel contamination. Don't start the bike until you're sure you have pure oil in it.

Find the cause of the fuel overflowing and repair that .

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes the clutch was okay before hand. It's also leaking gas from the carb overflow coming out of the bottom of the bike why would it do that
The fuel leaking issue happened on my left side after I dropped the bike and another time when it was really cold outside and I had been working on the carbs. I believe it was a stuck float needle each time, and the second time I fixed it by lightly tapping the side of the float bowl with a screwdriver handle. Next time I open up the carbs I'll polish the area where the needle seats, overlooked when I rebuilt them initially. Live and learn.

1982 CB450SC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts