Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I have a 72 CB 350 that I have new front fork covers for. I would like to know if there is anyway possible to replace these covers without completely dismantling the forks or removing them from the bike ?. Any help or suggestion's would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You wont have to dismantle the forks but you will have to remove them from the bike. If you dont have a FSM one of the members can help you with that. Its been awhile since I worked on a cb350 but I think you will have to remove the speedometer cable, the front brake cable, front wheel,front fender,head light and maybe set the handle bar aside. Then remove the forks from the triple tree. If you have some help you might be able to remove the cables and headlight and remove the forks and front wheel as a unit. But Ive not tried it.

Just some thoughts.

Bill

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
If you're worried about getting it all 'straight' again, remove the front wheel, then take off and install one fork tube at a time from the triples. You just wanted to slide on new rubber covers , right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're worried about getting it all 'straight' again, remove the front wheel, then take off and install one fork tube at a time from the triples. You just wanted to slide on new rubber covers , right?
My bike has the metal covers that are the same color as the tank. New ones were in a box of parts that I got with the bike and the current ones on the bike have pitting corrosion on them so I would like to replace them.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thank you ! I'm looking at replacing parts 15, 16 ,19 and 17. ,plus all the hardware and repainting triple tree , handlebar holders, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts