Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove the front forks from my 1978 CB 400 A and find I dont have a wrench large enough for the front fork bolt part # 90123-413-000. What size wrench do I need to order to remove this bolt.I think its the same as the 400 T.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm not sure on the size, but I have removed caps like that with a decent quality adjustable wrench.

How's it going otherwise Bill?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Allen. Tools1 told me he uses SAE tools after 24 mm so will see if I can find 1 1/16 and 1 1/8 local.

Its been about 9 weeks now and I can just start raising my leg enough to climb stairs. 90% of the pain gone. PT everyday. Getting fitted for a new ankle brace next month. Even at this point Im doing better than before surgery. About 2 more months I should be able to do pretty much what I want too for a 77 YOM. I feel good just limited movement and strength. Back in the shop last week. Did a little sand blasting and powder coating . My oldest grandson was here Sat and we pulled the front wheel from the 400 a to rebuild the forks. Getting there. Thanks for asking.

Bill

·
Registered
793 Posts
Cant find that part number, so if its the top chromed fork cap, 27mm from memory, can you post a picture? Hex sockets and combo spanners are available as well as verniers and rulers etc..

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Its been about 9 weeks now and I can just start raising my leg enough to climb stairs. 90% of the pain gone. PT everyday. Getting fitted for a new ankle brace next month. Even at this point Im doing better than before surgery. About 2 more months I should be able to do pretty much what I want too for a 77 YOM. I feel good just limited movement and strength. Back in the shop last week. Did a little sand blasting and powder coating . My oldest grandson was here Sat and we pulled the front wheel from the 400 a to rebuild the forks. Getting there. Thanks for asking.

Bill
all good news to hear, Bill - glad things are improving and you can get back to doing things you love to do.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Allen and ancientdad.

drydreamer I think your right but larger mm tools are hard to find in this area and would have to order one. Will try 1 1/16 . Part # came from CMS dia but I could have written down wrong.

Bill

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't know the back story on you injuries, but I am glad to hear you're on the mend.

Can't help you on your fork cap issue, either.

77 and still wrenching on these things is great. Good on you.......... Hope I'm still around, let alone wrenching at that age.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from town where I found a 27 mm box end and a 1 1/16 box end. Since you cant have to many tools I bought both. Tools was right the 1 1/16 fit the head the same as the 27 mm. The 27 mm will go in the shop and the other will go in the truck box.

Weather man says rain Thursday so looks like a shop day.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts