Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished fabbing and assembling my front disc brake conversion and thought I'd share. Haven't taken it on the road yet due to being in the middle of minor maintenance after being in storage during the move, but it does grab nicely and is nearly 99% square and aligned. Will be cleaning it up, bolting the three welded pieces together and giving it a coat of flat black soon.

20191103_120432.jpg

20191103_120443.jpg

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Is that a 'leading caliper' or a 'trailing caliper' setup, it's tough to tell for sure without a wide shot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The parts are all generic. The caliper is a 2 piston GY6 caliper that can be had for around $25. The brackets were fabricated from 1/4" steel. I guess it would be considered a leading caliper since it is in front of the axle with the bleed nipple at the 'top,' but I am not too knowledgeable about that. I don't take this thing over 55 MPH so for what it's worth, it works fine.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sounds good, resourceful and with good parts availability. I can't wait for the road test review.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike stops on a dime with the new caliper but I'm surprised this topic didn't get as much attention as it did years ago when someone first mentioned it being done. Haven't seen but one conversion done in years. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good info in my opinion, and congrats on your stopping power. What diameter master cylinder are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts