Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
This is my first post. Where does one hook up the front brake switch wiring? I'm building my craigslist CB350G $100 bike with all parts from a box from scratch. It didn't have a front brake switch so I bought one from ebay OEM and installed it in the front brake lever. But the wires, I'm not sure where it connects-is it at the back of the headlight or under the tank? The switch wire is green with a yellow stripe and a solid black wire (males). I found a green wire under the tank (female) and a green wire behind the headlight (female) which is the one in sequence with the rear tailight? No female black wire anywhere, Can I just ground that to the frame? :?:

The OEM brake light switch is long enough to reach under the tank, so I'm thinking since they made it that long it must go under the tank, right? :?:

Can someone look on their bike and let me know where their front brake switch leads to? Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Black is a power wire.....It connects to a "hot when key on" wire (any Black wire).....
The Green/yellow stripe must connect to the same green/yellow stripe wire that the rear brake switch connects to (that actually goes to the brake lamp filament)
NEITHER one gets grounded.....the bulb is grounded....
You may have to "ADD" a wire to your loom......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to find green and stripe female wire tucked way inside the rats nest behind headlight. As i was looking for black, realized that there is a black harness in there with 4 female spots, one vacant spot on back left side. Now my front brake switch works. Thanks 66 Spirit, there would be a lot of bikes still left in barns without your involvement.

·
Registered
62 Posts
vangstang said:
Thanks, i'm thinking that is what I'll have to do.
That green/yellow and a black should be in your headlite bucket. Oops ...didn't read em all glad you got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts