Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

In the next week or so I plan on doing a full front brake rebuild on my CL, so naturally I've been doing some reading on the forums and manuals to make sure the job is done properly. I've stumbled across several posts detailing what needs to be done post linkage between shoes, so all good on that front, but I'm totally stumped on the steps needed to achieve this linkage in the first place. I see a lot of post referencing the manual, but the Honda Shop manual I have does not include any details on this procedure: it simply says "install the front brake shoes to the brake cams. Install the front anchor pin washers. Secure them with cotter pints. Install the front brake arms 'A' and 'B', being careful that the mark align." I found another post talking about how you want the flats on both brake shoes sitting perfectly flat with the flats on the cam, but not entirely sure the best procedure to get there.

Any advice on this front would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
It will be very obvious once you have the brake plate in your hands.....
Remember to clean and freshly (but not excessively) lube the shafts of the cams where they go through and bear on the plate.....
IF all else fails, phone while working on it......540-525-5199....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured as much since no one was really going into that process in detail. I'll be working on it either this weekend or next (depends on the weather), so if I run into any snags you'll be getting a ring- appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts