Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently replace my brake shoes in my 1973 Honda CL350k5. When putting the wheel back on the bike and reattaching the brake cable, I could barely get the cable attached. When I finally got it back on, the front wheel was completely locked. It seems like the brake is engaging really early. I was wondering if there was an adjustment I had to do inside the brake housing. I know the cable needs to be tightened or loosened on the outside but the break was already too right when the cable was free to move.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If you post a picture of the brake backing plate with the cable installed, we might be able to see something that will help

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Along with above, there is a procedure to tightening everything to make sure the shoes are centered. Maybe try some searching around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. When I posted this I had the front wheel off and the brake housing out of the hub. I was in the process of cleaning it since the first time I put it back on the bike the front wheel wouldn't even move once I got the cable connected. So when you asked for pictures I went back down to put the wheel back on and it actually moves now! And the brake works as it should. I guess cleaning the little bit of debris I found helped.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts