Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. So i just changed out my leaking fork seals and put everything back together but now the caliper is locking onto the rotor. So i didn't take the caliper apart when i took the forks off, but i did undo the brake line to remove the wheel. I reblead the brake. So can someone point out to me what i've done wrong? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
You must have accidentally squeezed the brake lever when the rotor was out - that will do it every time.
You'll need to drain the brake system, get the brake pad back in place, then bleed it again.

Usually we stick a wedge or something between the pads when the wheel gets removed, it prevents this from happening.
Kids in particular will squeeze the brake lever just to see what happens.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha you might be right. I had some friends messing around with it while i was working on something else. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Japan-iron said:
Haha you might be right. I had some friends messing around with it while i was working on something else. Thanks

Was there a reason you took the brak line off to remove the front wheel? That's not necessary normally.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah-- cannot comprehend the need to remove the brake line--
That said, make sure you have the axle in the right way. Take it from a "pro" if you put it in from the wrong side, it puts the rotor up against the left fork leg.
But, even if someone did pump the lever with the caliper off, you would have had to spread the pads to get the caliper back on and should not be causing the rotor/wheel to be locked.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Usually we stick a wedge or something between the pads when the wheel gets removed, it prevents this from happening.
Kids in particular will squeeze the brake lever just to see what happens.........
Agree. :D
[attachment=0:27w4lz7d]SSA51690-1024.jpg[/attachment:27w4lz7d]

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts