Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my 66 scrambler told me he didn’t like the ergonomics of the front brake lever…
He told me he used a blow torch to heat up the front brake lever and bent it back towards the handlebar. This would bring the lever closer to the handlebar for easier and more comfortable use. Has anybody ever heard of this or tried it? If this really is the case I will attempt to re-bend the lever to its original position. What do you guys think? Maybe just buy a new lever?
Thanks,
Scott
Plumbing fixture Tap Fluid Bicycle part Household hardware

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, I agree. I’ve just never heard of this before and was a little concerned about heating the lever and leaving discoloration. But I guess if he already did it it looks fine and there won’t be any issue with color.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you use to clean up the chrome? Yours looks wonderful.
Johnny B, the previous owner of this scrambler had the muffler refinished. All the other shiny bits on the bike are mostly original …even the tires are original. I will be slowly going through the bike and trying to identify any other parts that are not OEM. There is only about 4000 original miles on the bike. It was stored in a climate controlled garage for many years. I was lucky to snag it off craigslist a few months ago. We’ll see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts