Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what my CB360T coils look like. At both ends there is this waxy stuff coming out... Are they toast?

I have had some problems with ignition, mostly on one side and especially when engine is hot.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Certainly looks like at least that one has been hot, probably from leaving the key and kill switch on too long when not running

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Looks to me like sealant that was applied to the connections and has hardened and broken off.

Have you checked the primary and secondary resistance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like sealant that was applied to the connections and has hardened and broken off.

Have you checked the primary and secondary resistance?
Resistance seem OK. 10K ohm (no plug) and 12 ohm.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the food has indeed been applied from the outside - and not coming from within.

I guess the other coils that I have installed will reveal if my old coils were at fault for the engine trouble...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Resistance seem OK. 10K ohm (no plug) and 12 ohm.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the food has indeed been applied from the outside - and not coming from within.

I guess the other coils that I have installed will reveal if my old coils were at fault for the engine trouble...

The original coils when I got my 350 looked like this and were nfg. Replaced em and works great now. They metered but were more in the realm of 7ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts