Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1970 CB350K1, I just got done with fresh top end rebuild and I'm not getting any oil to the top end. Pulled the screw next to the timing advance housing and nothing... Pulled the oil screen cover and turned it over and got oil pumping from the pump but it's not making it... I made sure to clean all the ports and spray them with air out thoroughly... So it's not clogged and I'm stumped...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Is the round oil filter access cover on in the correct orientation to align the passages to deliver the oil to the top end? (I have seen them improperly installed)... Which screw (next to the advance housing) did you remove?

·
Registered
140 Posts
What made you decide to freshen the top end?
What condition were the cam lobes and followers in?
How long did you let it run before you decided that the top end isn't getting oil?

I've been told that some of these engines took as long as 90 seconds to get up to their normal flow of oil to the top end. :shock: I've never verified that though. I was forced to rebuild the top end after the oil pump couldn't supply enough oil to the top end. I found that one of the check balls in the pump was missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts