Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum just picked up this cl350 for free!! I got it from a free add on the Facebook market place it was from a older couple who had it sitting on the side of there house and was cleaning so I was able to grab it. The story I got from the husband was that he picked up from someone who had it sitting on the side of there barn for about 20 years then it sat in his garage for a bit when someone wanted to buy it from him he got it running then they decided they didn't want it so it sat again until it fell into my hands. So when I got it home I checked out the has tank and it was pretty rusty so I filled it with vinegar and let it sit for a couple of days and drained it out and now it looks like a new tank. Crazy enough I checked out the carbs and they are almost brand new inside. Then on too see if it had spark and it didn't so I checked the points and they were just a little dirty so I put a piece of sandpaper in there and tested it out and boom there was spark. So hooked up some power to it and cranked it over and put some Gas in the cylinder and it fired up!!! So I feel like I'm off to a good start need to order some parts like a new petcock air filters and some random odds and ends so hopefully you guys like it ! Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That,s the kind of story that urban legends are made of, Sweet score!

Reactions: bilbikek411

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Dude - you should go buy a lottery ticket. That's incredible. IF I were you I would go back to the PO and give them a nice bottle of wine - I mean NICE $100 bottle. Looking forward to seeing your build.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great score! Enjoy!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...and give them a nice bottle of wine - I mean NICE $100 bottle.
...and buy one for yourself too and celebrate. You just don't find something like that every day, or every year for that matter. One of my oldest friends spends a lot of his spare time going to garage and estate sales... recently, as happens once in a while when someone puts in that much time, he ran across a small gavel in an acrylic box and the base was 10k gold. He bought it from the garage sale for $1.50, took it to have the gold assessed and the weight of it made its value almost $1000... this is one of those moments for you.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Awesome - I love that version of CL with the Original Exhaust design.

That bike will clean up well and with some TLC you will have a super fun machine.

Next Step:
Read the Post Linked below
Miscellaneous Discussion

Do an Oil Change and Clean the Filter. (filter requires a special tool to remove the spinner)
Honda CB350 / CB360 / CB450 Oil Filter Tool | Common Motor Collective

You would be surprised by how many of these old bike NEVER had the filter cleaned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah definitely a crazy find but I do spend a lot of time on craigslist and Facebook my friends always give me crap for it but then are jealous when stuff like this happens lol. My friend that came with me to pick up the bike has been looking for a cb/cl for months now and couldn't find one for a decent price he wasn't the happiest camper when i got this.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fantastic score! One of my favorite Hondas. Get a screenshot of that CL ad before it goes away, just for posterity. Mr Clean pad on that tank will work wonders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So a little update the parts came in and I finally had some time to work on it. Put the new petcock on and the new fuel lines and filled her up put on the new pod filters and fired it up it ran little rough at first but got it to clear up and it runs good now. Don't have a battery for it yet so haven't been able to take it on a test ride but the clutch needs to be adjusted its currently not pulling at all so I'm gonna work on that tomorrow. One thing I did run into today was intermittent electrical power when I had the jumper hooked up luckily I found out that the fuse holder was corroded so cleaned it all off and replaced the fuse and it was good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts