Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a shipping quote on a frame for a member here but I'm not going to be anywhere near it until he weekend. I was hoping someone here could help me out with exact dimensions for height X length X width. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is. sorry I should have stated the bike. How'd that one get by me? A CM/CB or nighthawk would suffice.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
78 CB400T frame measurements:

47" long tail to steering stem, 13" wide including helmet lock 11-1/2 without), 25" high including side stand mount.
Weight is 40 pounds on a cheap bathroom scale.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^that's one package the delivery guy won't easily throw over the fence! (but make no mistake, it likely will get thrown somewhere along the way)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Once ordered a 4 ton jack from the net. Shipping weight 90 lbs. The jack arrived in fine shape but the shipping package was beat all to heck.

This side up means how its suppose to land.

Bill

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, the only large delivery I've ever gotten that was too heavy for UPS or FedEx was my lift 2 years ago. Felt weird to have a semi back all the way down my street to drop it off (nowhere for him to turn around). He foolishly thought he was going to use the pallet jack to push it up my driveway... until he saw how long my driveway was. I towed the pallet jack up the drive with the garden tractor - one package that never got thrown during shipment or delivery

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking I'll cover the ends with cardboard and zip tie a moving blanket around the rest of it and slap the label on. Seems the easiest way to package it.

Thanks, Alan!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah man!

I've got this untitled frame that had the neck modified (shortened a little on the bottom where the steering stop used to be, should be ok with stock triples) to fit an old Ninja600 front end, if anyone needs it I'll let it go very cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts