Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the motor out and on the bench. The frame is really grimy but is nice and straight. I'm going to get the frame sandblasted but I'm worried about losing the Vin# badge. Has anyone removed one of these badges and reattached it without major damage? Or should I leave it on the frame and trust a the sandblasting company not to destroy it?

72 Cb 450 K5

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Cover it with several layers of Duct tape....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
66Sprint said:
Cover it with several layers of Duct tape....
Works like a charm! I put about 5-6 layers of duct tape on mine before I put it in this industrial (my old factory) blast booth with a 5 inch nozzle, shooting aluminum oxide. Better to have more than enough layers than not enough... ;)

[attachment=0:32vl2818]SNC00037.JPG[/attachment:32vl2818]

GB :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. I had two bare frames that I took to a blasting place for paint removal. These were brand "Y" frames with vin stickers, not riveted metal plates like Honda. I covered them with three layers of RED duct tape, and had the manager note on the work order not to blast off the red duct taped areas. Understood.

Well, when I got them back, yep, they had completely blasted off my vin stickers- permanently devaluing my restorations. What happened? Turns out the workers doing the blasting don't speak or read English, or give a ****- how can you turn out quality work when you don't even communicate in the same language? :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts