Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this hanging off the front. the wires come from headlight assembly. wear does it screw in?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Turn signal buzzer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1979 cm400a. where does it attach?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Screw it into the garbage can unless you like being annoyed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I really think it is about time that signal buzzers were made compulsory for bikes with indicators. So many times have I ridden for miles behind a bike indicating a turn and dreading to see a driver believe it and pull out in front of him. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i want re remove it. i cut the wire and splice them together?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Can't make out the wiring. For some reason your photo won't open in a new tab. But I doubt that it would be connected in series. If it is a turn signal buzzer, one wire should go to the light blue/white wire and the other to the orange/white wire. Just disconnect the wires. Download the FSM. PM sent. Page 342 has a color wiring diagram for your model.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I really think it is about time that signal buzzers were made compulsory for bikes with indicators. So many times have I ridden for miles behind a bike indicating a turn and dreading to see a driver believe it and pull out in front of him. :eek:
Oh, the cacophony. Imagine a ride with a dozen or so bikes, chirping away at a stoplight like cicadas. Next time, tell that arse his blinkers are on and be done with it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh, the cacophony. Imagine a ride with a dozen or so bikes, chirping away at a stoplight like cicadas. Next time, tell that arse his blinkers are on and be done with it!
Clearly Mr. C Chicken has never seen properly installed warning sounders. If wired correctly they should be muted if the clutch is pulled in and/or the bike in neutral

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it turns off if you hit the rear brake. i straped it just below the headlight. its funny people look around in thier cars when they hear it.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
That's right they look around and see you, then they don't run you over when the light changes.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I kept leaving mine on and got tired of being reminded by fellow motorists at a light...lol. I installed one with a 'beeper' similar sound that a large truck makes in reverse.

Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts