Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my local locksmith found the correct blank for my 1971 cb350. my local honda dealer couldnt even order blanks, only complete inginition cylinders with keys. I will post pictures later.

KEY: Taylor H76W

this key may work also, but i am not sure: ILCO Unican H061T

·
Registered
363 Posts
I believe there was a guy on ebay who could sell you a key based off the lock cylinder code for 5 bucks or something silly like that, thought I saw it here. If you're in a bind, I have a matched set of '72 cl450 2x keys (tek) ignition switch and seat lock, round plug on ig. think they were all pretty ubiquitous.. for cheap..

·
Registered
583 Posts
When I realized the key for my bike was incorrect I found one on e-bay for $7 shipped. Here's the link to the e-bay profile of the guy I bought it from: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bkoegler2/

He had lots of Honda keys available. When you order just send him a message with the key code you need.

The key I got was original Honda, brand new and worked perfectly.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Yeah, I ordered a NOS Honda key from the guy on eBay, too. Gave him the number on my ignition switch and had a brand-new vintage Honda key in a few days.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Back in The Day, Honda sent 4 keys with every new bike - in all the shops I worked at they gave the buyer 2 and kept the other 2.
Generally they went on a large ring in the parts dep't, or to a mechanics stash.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So XLX all I have to do is give him the T code from my key and he can make a duplicate for me? Does that mean that someone out there could also buy a key and then just start my bike assuming they had the right code? So there was just a finite number of key codes for all of these bikes?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
The eBay guy doesn't make them, they are original factory-numbered Honda keys. He has a large list of the key numbers available, and if your ignition switch number is on the list, then you privately message the number to him when you buy a key. I suppose if someone knew your lock number, they could order a key to fit it. Not very likely, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a retraction to make from the post I made above on 10-17-16. My locksmith has checked the blanks that he originally recommended, and he has stated that they are NOT a match for the original Honda keys. (If someone else has had luck with them, it is a complete coincidence.)

Since discovering this, I did a search of Ebay with the "T" number from my original key and from the lock itself. Turns out that an Ebay seller had my exact key number. He shipped instantly, and the key arrived inside of 48 hours. Perfect match.

The Ebayer with the keys is "koster1". Thanks to him and my apology for the post suggesting the purchase of a blank that may not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts