Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was visiting a buddy of mine last night and discovered a little gem. Its a great project bike. Carbs, fairings and seat are all there. Just needs some TLC and your vision. Owner is asking $1800. I think that may be a little optimistic. Has title and currently 11,XXX on the odo.

Don't have pics of the tank and fairings as its inside the shop.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part

Auto part Engine Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Personally I'm not looking for another project as my shop is at capacity. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: 76TWIN

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what do you think, as for the price? $900 with title?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
This is no deal: $300 to get the carbs sorted (including new diaphragms), $450 for tires, $100 for wheel bearings, $300 for brakes (calipers x3 and master cylinders x2), $200 for brake hoses, $100 to line the tank, $75 for a battery and unknown to fix it for the reason it was parked. I just finished an '85 GL1200I that had been off the road since '06. It was $500 for the bike and I have another $2600 in it. I have a ledger to prove it. I figure there are about 40 full days in the garage wrenching (this is OK because I like it). I reckon this bike is worth about $2000 as a runner. The way I add it up it is worth $575 and you don't make any money.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Opps, I forgot to add a chain and maybe sprockets, $120 to 200, my stand firm price is $400. My sense to the project bikes, If they last more than a day or two on Craigslist they are not a deal. I saw a very worthy of saving '85 VFR750F on the Seattle site. Seller wanted $500 and it lasted one day.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the details guys. As I suspected its not worth anything close to what he wants. After doing a bit of research I found running titled bikes for $1500.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Thanks for the details guys. As I suspected its not worth anything close to what he wants. After doing a bit of research I found running titled bikes for $1500.
These are in sweet bikes. I've had a couple SOHC 750s, never the DOHC. I try not to get ahead of myself on projects. I have a GL1100 standard to do next. I would like to do a CB900F next. They are getting pricy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts