Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left fork leg has "Forks By Frank" engraved on it just above the triple tree. Anyone have any idea what that is? How weird. :?:
Its kind of hard to see without taking the handlebars off.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Forking by Frank is the only place I know of in America to get replacement fork tubes for anything up to 41mm.
http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/
They are top shelf people on the other end of that phone.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I literally just bought replacement forks for my bike from them. Very awesome people to deal with. The tubes are beautiful, hard chromed the entire length. I think they tend to be a bit beefier than stock... slightly heavier. Since that usually means the inner diameter of the tube is smaller (more material in the cross section) some report that you have to use a different size spring. Frank's tells you this up front and recommends a supplier.
Apparently they've been around since the 60s. It seems people regularly purchase, find, etc. bikes that haven't been ridden in 20 years and discover they have Frank's Forks on them.
They're supposed to be the go to guys for custom fork lengths... so perhaps the reason your forks are a bit long is because the PO wanted to extend the front end...
You could always send them back to FBF and have them cut 'em down and re threaded.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering
Pitner Ave.
Evanston Ill.....
Can't remember street number or zip....Man!...I'm getting OLD!

·
Registered
785 Posts
66Sprint said:
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering
Pitner Ave.
Evanston Ill.....
Can't remember street number or zip....Man!...I'm getting OLD!
Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.
945 Pitner Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
For more information, please call the office at 847-475-1003

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
WOW! That place is like 5 minutes from my apartment! BTW another cafe builder at work says he has done business there and says that they are good people.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've bought several forks sets from Frank....all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts