Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Gold Valve emulators or spring upgrades available for our 450s? I'm not finding any in my searching...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
We were just discussing this on here the other day. You can get them online for 35mm tubes. I'm not sure about fitment though as nobody here has actually used them just yet. On a 450 that is..

Look at MikesXS website for them..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It would depend on which 450 fork variant you have... some will not accept emulators (early outer piston and the 'rod' type), some have "normal damper tubes", and will........

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
GB... Yep, but a 72 would be a K5 and the "center rod" dampers were about then.....
I don't think emulators would fit those .... The 500T's used the "conventional dampers", but I can't remember when/if they changed before that.......Gettin' Old!........

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
His would be the K5-K7 type....No place to install the emulators.... Look at the 500T diagram (link below)...The emulator would insert into the top of the much shorter damper tube and have the spring "push" it down in... The K5-K7 damper/rod (part #7) runs all the way up the springs and would interfere/prevent installation.............

500T diagram.... Emulator "stem" sticks down into the damper tube (part#10)
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb500t-500-t ... F++05.html

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Steve... Crushing our dreams.. :lol:

Now you've got me worried about my fork internals when I swapped over to 750 lower legs. From what I could tell and my measurements, the lower legs were exactly the same. I might have to start thinking of switching over to a different model/year of tubes, into my existing trees.

I was wanting to eventually install a set of emulators. I may be stuck with using/trying different weights of fork oil until I'm satisfied.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
GB... The lower legs (sliders) from the 750's will work fine with the 450 damper and tubes.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That's what I thought from my observations and measurements but thanks for the confirmation Steve.. ;)

I'll have to try to contact Progressive suspension about some springs and experiment with different weights of oils..

Sorry for the mini threadjack ejand22

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Bird.... I still have those 79 750 F forks ...(cheap!)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Thanks Steve but I've already got enough invested in the front end as it sits. Polished lower legs, dual disc brake calipers and brackets - also polished, the XS wheel + powdercoating, both XS rear rotors used for the front because of outside diameter, rust free tubes, stainless lines, axle machining costs, bearing swap to fit the XS wheel, custom spacers, etc.. I'm not starting over! :lol:

I'll be lucky to ever finish her.. :cry:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
CB 500t tubes and dampers would fit your sliders and allow emulators....just FYI...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I go away for a day and look at what happens! :shock:

66sprint - have you installed emulators into the 500T forks? Looks like I'll be searching for some 500T tubes if you have.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
66Sprint said:
CB 500t tubes and dampers would fit your sliders and allow emulators....just FYI...
The thought had crossed my mind after getting your advice and going through the fiche lately...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would the 500t dampers (internals) fit in the 450 tubes and sliders?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Sliders yes, but they won't work with the 450 tubes.....different design.... You need a matched set of tubes/dampers (Like the 500T set)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts