Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled apart my fork to do service and one of the fork spring guides (honda part #51509-286-000) is disintegrated. Does anyone know where you can find these or something else you can use to replace it.

I considered wrapping the spring in rubber shrinkwrap to provide protection, but not sure it will hold up for long or that I can even find a good size of wrap.

Any ideas on how to make something?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I am redoing the front forks on my cb 400a. Cmsnl had everything in stock. A little high but all Honda parts and I didnt have to search for any thing.

Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... I hadn't run across cmsnl yet.

Holy crap... it's gonna be about $50 with shipping! Wish I could come up with something better, but I'll probably just go ahead and order those. Ouch.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
We know... I bought a follower from them for my 450 for 99 Euros a couple years ago and they charged $25 to ship it - something that weighs about 2 to 3 ounces. Sometimes they're the only game in town...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you look here? They're never very inexpensive in their pricing and their shipping is high as well, but they often have what you need when others do not

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/guide-spring_51509286000/#.XSTyMetKi00
Not wishing to hijack this post, but Tom (ancientdad) has been helping me today. I live 10 minutes from David Silver Honda here in the UK. He is also not cheap, but he has a lot of old stuff and if shipping is a rip-off, let me know. I can buy (in GBP) and post, if it makes financial sense.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not wishing to hijack this post, but Tom (ancientdad) has been helping me today. I live 10 minutes from David Silver Honda here in the UK. He is also not cheap, but he has a lot of old stuff and if shipping is a rip-off, let me know. I can buy (in GBP) and post, if it makes financial sense.
Well, I already ordered from cmsnl. Trying to get this thing on the road! Shipping was definitely a rip-off at 27.50 Euros. I really appreciate the offer though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts