Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i've got her running I tackling the fork lock. Just purchased a new key for it and it feels like the key isnt long enough to fully engage the lock. The key turns the tumblers find but it feels like its not long enough to actually fully turn and lock.

The ignition key number and the fork key number are different and the theys are also different. the ignition key is the "T" kind and the fork lock key is the "I" kind. does anyone have this problem too? Do I need to get the "T" type key since they are longer somehow? Any help would be awesome

·
Registered
785 Posts
I bought a new lock set for my Scrambler and could not use the steering lock because the part that holds it into the frame was missing from my bike.
So it just sits on the hook with the rest of my unused keys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fasterspider said:
I bought a new lock set for my Scrambler and could not use the steering lock because the part that holds it into the frame was missing from my bike.
Just PM'd you, let me know if your willing to sell it. looks like you live in studio city...i live in eagle rock near glendale, maybe we meet and talk bikes. let me know

·
Registered
785 Posts
kine8282 said:
fasterspider said:
Just PM'd you, let me know if your willing to sell it. looks like you live in studio city...i live in eagle rock near glendale, maybe we meet and talk bikes. let me know
I used to live Highland Park back in the 90s but, Eagle Rock is 15 miles from me now. I am always willing to meet a fellow Honda rider. Let me know when is convenient for you and we can hook it up.
I am willing to sell the lock and two keys, read the PM I answered.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Are you pushing the lock in after you turn the key?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66Sprint said:
Are you pushing the lock in after you turn the key?
Yes, I'm able to push the lock almost a quarter turn but it doesnt fully engages or locks and I need to turn thy tumblers back to remove the key. I suspect I need the "T" type key instead of the "I" type one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just PM'd you, let me know if your willing to sell it. looks like you live in studio city...i live in eagle rock near glendale, maybe we meet and talk bikes. let me know[/quote]
I used to live Highland Park back in the 90s but, Eagle Rock is 15 miles from me now. I am always willing to meet a fellow Honda rider. Let me know when is convenient for you and we can hook it up.
I am willing to sell the lock and two keys, read the PM I answered.[/quote]

Got your PM, let me see if I can fix the problem first before I get back to you on your offer. As far as meeting up, I'll give you a call/text/email and maybe we can meet up next week...if you bring your CBX the first round is on me! Always wanted to see one of those in person

·
Registered
785 Posts
kine8282 said:
Got your PM, let me see if I can fix the problem first before I get back to you on your offer. As far as meeting up, I'll give you a call/text/email and maybe we can meet up next week...if you bring your CBX the first round is on me! Always wanted to see one of those in person
I will of course be on the CBX. It may not have any side covers yet because they are at the paint shop now but, it is 120º at my painter's shop and he cannot do any work because of the heat.
So they might not be ready for next week.
My Scrambler is down with shifting problems, something is wrong with my shift forks & drum.
My VFR1200F stays in my garage most of the time.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The forks must be turned to the steering stop... then insert the key and push the lock...( as the key turns) ..... rotate back to engage and remove key

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Fork Lock Issue CB350 - fixed!

fixed! the key was the culprit. I shaved it down and it and it is now long enough to fully engange the lock where i can push the rod all the way through. thanks for the help dudes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts